Thursday, April 12, 2018

New Helmet!



My old helmet broke (maybe in transport), and since parts are now sticking out, I needed a new one. I got a helmet with an integrated visor, and it will be interesting to see how it works.

The helmet model is Salomon Driver. It seems to work with my eyeglasses on; but I consider this an experiment. I really don't know if this type of a helmet is suitable for me. I think it will be convenient for the Ylläs 24h competition that is coming up in two days.

I like the helmet's style, it fits well, and is compact. Some of the question marks for testing include:

  • Will it work well with my glasses in reality?
  • If I'm going at high speed in the competition, will the visor actually protect me eyes from excessive wind?
  • Will the visor become scratched or broken in transport?

We'll see! I'll report back.

And where else to get it than from my trusted source, Ski Service in Pitäjänmäki:


Photos (c) 2018 by Jari Arkko. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment